[net.religion] Liberty Lobby Lawsuit

rlr@pyuxd.UUCP (Rich Rosen) (07/26/85)

I just heard last night that the Liberty Lobby, a neo-fascist organization
that purportedly put up a large sum of money to anyone who could prove
the existence of the Holocaust (hoping that no one would come forward to
stand up to such a boorish claim, thus "proving" their point that it never
happened), got its just desserts.

A judge ordered Liberty Lobby to pay a Holocaust survivor $90,000 as a
fulfillment of their "outstanding challenge", and apparently they were
forced by the judge to publicly accept and acknowledge the fact that the
Holocaust did occur.

They hoped that we would all find the claim so disgusting that we would
all ignore it.  Personally I'm glad someone chose not to.

No, it probably won't shut them up.  (Comments, Mr. Black?   Mr. Frith?)

(Could someone elaborate on the sketchy details I acquired?)
--
"Meanwhile, I was still thinking..."
				Rich Rosen  ihnp4!pyuxd!rlr

In article <1326@pyuxd.UUCP> rlr@pyuxd.UUCP (Rich Rosen) writes:

>I just heard last night that the Liberty Lobby, a neo-fascist organization
>that purportedly put up a large sum of money to anyone who could prove
>the existence of the Holocaust (hoping that no one would come forward to
>stand up to such a boorish claim, thus "proving" their point that it never
>happened), got its just desserts.

>A judge ordered Liberty Lobby to pay a Holocaust survivor $90,000 as a
>fulfillment of their "outstanding challenge", and apparently they were
>forced by the judge to publicly accept and acknowledge the fact that the
>Holocaust did occur.

>They hoped that we would all find the claim so disgusting that we would
>all ignore it.  Personally I'm glad someone chose not to.

>(Could someone elaborate on the sketchy details I acquired?)

That's pretty much the story I heard.

Charley Wingate