[net.religion] Damager God. Hows come he don't bother me?

davet@oakhill.UUCP (Dave Trissel) (08/30/85)

In article <318@pyuxn.UUCP> pez@pyuxn.UUCP (Paul Zimmerman) writes:

>But it appears that the only responses forthcoming are lavish praises
>for God that blithely ignore all I've said about His evil, insults and
>bad jokes from those who are too afraid to think about how evil God
>really is, and silence from those afraid to speak.

Gee, I don't want to spoil your party but where is this damager God?  I've had
a really great time most all of my life.  If there's this nasty God out
there why is He/She/It too weak to zap me?

If all you can come up with is "well your going to die sometime aren't you?"
that's not good enough.  If death is the end, then so what?  If it is then
that damager God sure can't hurt me after that. If death isn't the end why
shouldn't the damager God be just as unable to harm me then than now?

I find your articles quite interesting.  My naive analysis is that you have
an extreme fear of death.  So much so that everything you see reminds you
of the fact that you are going to die someday and frustrated that you can't
do anything about it.

Well is my guess right or wrong?  And why is this damager God unable to harm
me? What can I do to insult this damager God?  Just tell me and I'll do it.
    .
Then, if you don't hear from me ever again you'll know the truth.  Otherwise,
you'll have to explain why this damager God is afraid of me and hides from me.

  -- Dave Trissel         {ihnp4,seismo}!ut-sally!oakhill!davet