[net.religion] A missing day.

mmm@weitek.UUCP (Mark Thorson) (10/07/85)

John LaRue writes:
>We were talking about a research project that went on a while back that
>counted back every day that ever existed, including shifts in calendars and
>all that. It was done at NASA, I think. The interesting thing that was found
>out of it was that a day was missing! Maybe the day in the book of Joshua
>out of the Bible that was held up so a war could be waged!?!

A NASA study counted back the days and found one missing????

I would assume this is a joke, except there are probably christians on
the net who believe one or more of the following:

1.  The earth is less than 10,000 years old.
2.  Satan is the operating principle behind Soviet Communism.
3.  People occasionally burst into flame and completely burn up
    without making any heat or setting anything else on fire.

If you are indeed serious, please explain how you "count the days back".
What do you compare the calendar against?

Mark Thorson  (...!cae780!weitek!mmm)