[net.religion] re re Planned Parenthood

regard@ttidcc.UUCP (Adrienne Regard) (09/27/85)

>>                 I was told that it is standard
>> practice to be SURE that women who become pregnant
>> accidentally know how not to do it again.

>If I cross the street with my eyes closed, was my
>death accidental? Why are the only options being
>considered are pregnancy and contaception? If the
>girl (and anybody who shows this lack of planning
>ahead qualifies) didn't want to get pregnant, why
>did she have sex?
>                            -anonymous (Mitchell Berger login)

This is just the sort of thing that drives me right up a
wall!  Yes, whoever is using Mitchell Berger's login and
doesn't want to admit it:

   Why did SHE have sex -- all by herself, like, without
   any other person's participation, like, underneath a
   cabbage plant,  like SHE ASKED FOR IT.

   Pure license for "men", but look at those stupid, stupid
   "girls" who can't seem to control their impulses, or,
   as you imply, secretly wish for it to happen.

By all means, lets take the information about pregnancy and
contraception away from them.  Their feeble brains just can't
deal with responsible, reasonable information -- just keep
the "girls" home till some "man" wants to marry them, in order
to procreate.

Postings like this tempt me to give up on civilization entirely.
Until I think further, and realize that postings like this indicate
civilization has yet to visit our planet.

Adrienne Regard

terry@nrcvax.UUCP (Terry Grevstad) (10/10/85)

regard@ttidcc.UUCP (Adrienne Regard) says:

>>If I cross the street with my eyes closed, was my
>>death accidental? Why are the only options being
>>considered are pregnancy and contaception? If the
>>girl (and anybody who shows this lack of planning
>>ahead qualifies) didn't want to get pregnant, why
>>did she have sex?
>>                            -anonymous (Mitchell Berger login)
>
>This is just the sort of thing that drives me right up a
>wall!  Yes, whoever is using Mitchell Berger's login and
>doesn't want to admit it:
>
>   Why did SHE have sex -- all by herself, like, without
>   any other person's participation, like, underneath a
>   cabbage plant,  like SHE ASKED FOR IT.

Are you then "assuming" that she was raped?  Frankly, I agree with
Anonymous at Mitchell Berger's login.  If you don't want to get
pregnant and you aren't using birth control of some sort, what are you
doing in bed with that guy?  Obviously it's as much her decision as
his.  As you so eloquently pointed out "Why did SHE have sex -- all by
herself"?  The unknown SHE must have had some say in the matter
otherwise SHE is the brainless idiot you think SHE is.

--
\"\t\f1A\h'+1m'\f4\(mo\h'+1m'\f1the\h'+1m'\f4\(es\t\f1\c

                                                       Terry Grevstad
                                         Network Research Corporation
                                                   ihnp4!nrcvax!terry
	                 {sdcsvax,hplabs}!sdcrdcf!psivax!nrcvax!terry
                                            ucbvax!calma!nrcvax!terry

flaps@utcs.uucp (Alan J Rosenthal) (10/18/85)

In article <330@nrcvax.UUCP> terry@nrcvax.UUCP (Terry Grevstad) writes:
>                                       If you don't want to get
>pregnant and you aren't using birth control of some sort, what are you
>doing in bed with that guy?

Hey!  If the guy doesn't want to get you pregnant & you aren't using birth
control of any sort, what is he doing in bed with you?
It goes both ways!  You are both being idiots in this situation.

Alan J Rosenthal				decvax!utzoo!utcs!flaps

('you' above does not refer to Terry Grevstad, in case there's any doubt...)