[net.religion] Reply to an anonymous D&D sniper with initials JWA

tim@k.cs.cmu.edu.ARPA (Tim Maroney) (10/20/85)

Martin, in religious movements which encourage conformity of belief,
appearance, and behavior, such as fundamentalist Christianity, stereotyping
is not only inevitable but accurate.
-=-
Tim Maroney, CMU Center for Art and Technology
Tim.Maroney@k.cs.cmu.edu	uucp: {seismo,decwrl,etc.}!k.cs.cmu.edu!tim
CompuServe:	74176,1360	My name is Jones.  I'm one of the Jones boys.

ln63fac@sdcc7.UUCP (Rick Frey) (10/23/85)

In article <608@k.cs.cmu.edu.ARPA>, tim@k.cs.cmu.edu.ARPA (Tim Maroney) writes:
> Martin, in religious movements which encourage conformity of belief,
> appearance, and behavior, such as fundamentalist Christianity, stereotyping
> is not only inevitable but accurate.

Conformity of appearance?  Conformity of behavior?  Be careful what you call
fundamental Christianity.  Paul talks quite clearly about the whole body being
made up of individual, different parts.  No where in the Bible does it say
anything about dressing alike.  Do you have a source for any of these
opinions or are they just stereotypes.  Hey, but wouldn't that be just a big
circle?

				Rick Frey