[net.religion] For "Doubters"

ins_akaa@jhunix.UUCP (Kenneth Adam Arromdee) (11/19/85)

In article <878@ihlpa.UUCP> snappy@ihlpa.UUCP (m. schulpiet) writes:
>Dear Fellow Net.Religion.Christians:
>The following I am inputting as it is
>from a pamphlet that my mother gave to
>me thirty-five years ago.  It held true
>then...and still holds true now.
>
>Remember that I am your God, your Father.
>  Remember that once i deigned to draw you out of nothingness,
>because of My Love for you and for My Glory.  Remember that I
>am constantly renewing this creative act

What, remember that he doesn't decide to kill us? Anyway, if we were created
for the purpose of serving God's "Glory", that doesn't necessarily mean
that we should do so just because we were created to do so. Thinking beings
can decide themselves what to do.

>and that out of love
>that I watch over you with a father's zeal and a mother's
>tenderness.  Do you understand?...
>   Remember that it is I who made you such as you are.  Be therefore
>satisfied with the gifts you have received, be they great or small,
>natural or supernatural.  Be grateful.  When you find fault
>with some piece of work, you are really finding fault with the one
>who made it.

Interesting idea... "I think the devil is evil." "You can't say that, you're
finding fault with the God who created such an evil creature..."
"I think Hitler was not a good man." "You can't say that, you're finding
fault with the God who created Hitler..."

>   Remember that everything comes from Me, that everything lives by
>Me, moves and acts through Me...I direct everything everywhere,
>small happenings and important events, families and nations.

Hmm, I guess God IS responsible for all the evil in the world then...

>The whole world is spread before My eyes.  My thoughts and My love
>encompass the immensity of it.  On this earth, huge as it is, I can
>see you.

One right commonly possessed by free people is the right to privacy.

>I can watch the movements of your heart, I can count your
>acts of love and of generosity.  I am even now preparing your rewad.
>Do you think of this often enough?
>   Remember also that I endure you with patience when your will
>weakens and turns towards created things...

What does that mean? If, for instance, you love your spouse, does that
count as something God has to endure you with patience about because
you care about a "created" being instead of God?

>Be equally patient with
>your own self and with your neighbor...Be long-suffering...Forgive, and
>keep on forgiving...
>   Remember that I made use of My Wisdom and My power to build up your
>little world and to keep it intact.  Do you think ik it worthy of a
>child of God to find fault, to criticize the march of events or the
>conduct of persons and of things?

Yes, I think it worthy. I may not know as much as God claims to know, but
there is a difference between not knowing everything and not knowing anything.

>...When you do this, you are
>blaming Me, finding fault with Me... Can you hear the flood of
>murmurings that arose from the earth up to My throne??  Is that the
>way to understand and to acknowledge a Father's goodness?

Another right generally preserved in a free society is the right to criticize
one's superiors. Why does God not want to be criticized?

>...Refrain
>from wasing your time and thus neglecting My Glory, wouding my
>Heart and damning up the glow of My Love...

Neglecting some other being's glory is "was[t]ing your time"?

--
If you know the alphabet up to 'k', you can teach it up to 'k'.

Kenneth Arromdee
BITNET: G46I4701 at JHUVM and INS_AKAA at JHUVMS
CSNET: ins_akaa@jhunix.CSNET              ARPA: ins_akaa%jhunix@hopkins.ARPA
UUCP: ...{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!seismo!umcp-cs!aplvax!aplcen!jhunix!ins_akaa
      ...allegra!hopkins!jhunix!ins_akaa