[net.religion] Source Quotes

oleg@birtch.UUCP (Oleg Kiselev) (01/05/86)

In article <357@cisden.UUCP> john@cisden.UUCP (John Woolley) writes:
>Even though he says "No apologies", I have to assume Mr. Kiselev has backed
>down from his original proposition that St. Paul and St. Thomas claim sexual
>pleasure is evil.  Otherwise I'm at a loss to explain why he changed the
>subject in this last posting to the status of women.

Why women? The only quote that came to mind that had a SLIGHT relevance...
As for "apologies" - read the summary!

>If I'm wrong, Mr. Kiselev, if you still maintain (without being able to
>support your claim with quotations) that Christianity holds pleasure to be
>evil, please say so instead of just leaving us to guess.

Hang on, I am saving money to buy works of Thomas Aquinas... I'll quote him as
soon as I have that or I have a chance to get to the library!

And I *DID* post a few cute quotes from St. Paul.... Read net.religion!

>And I'd certainly rather not ignore Dominicans.  Some of my best friends...

When I think of Ancient Egyptians - I think of pyramids...
When I think of Napoleon - I think of the Moscow campaign and Waterloo...
When I think of Stalin - I think of Gulag Archipelago...
When I think of nazism and Hitler - I think of 6 million Jews murdered in
concentration camps....
When I think of Dominicans - I think of the Inquisition and hundreds of
thousands (at least!) of innocent people tortured to death in witch trials...

Nice friends you have, Fr.!
--
Disclamer: I don't work here anymore - so they are not responsible for me.
+-------------------------------+ Don't bother, I'll find the door!
--------------------------------+...!{ihnp4|randvax}!ucla-cs!uclapic!oac6!oleg