[net.religion] Ken Hall on death/suffering as "ultimate evil"

oleg@birtch.UUCP (Oleg Kiselev) (01/06/86)

[Oh boy! Munchies!......]

In article <1218@gitpyr.UUCP> ken@gitpyr.UUCP (Ken Hall) writes:
>Yet the Bible itself claims to be incarnate truth.

So do I! So does Maharishi! So does Rajnish! And Da Free John! And "The Book of
Mormon"! Do you take any of these claims seriously?! Wanna buy a bridge?

>Jesus says very plainly that He is God the Father.  And the Bible says
>very plainly that the Scriptures are the Word of God.

And I claim I am Napoleon! And a piece of paper in my wallet very plainly says
that I am a the only one qualified to be the Voice and Word of God!

>Either Jesus is mad and a loony tunes and the Bible his
>comic book; or else He is telling us the truth.

I'd go for the former. Everything in the Gospels points to that conclusion.

>He can't be half true because He says He is God of gods.  If He's not He's
>lying; if He is then we should listen.

"God of gods"???? I am tempted to store this passage and through it in every
once in a while when Christians talk about their God being the only god. Quite
a plug for polytheism! ;-)

>Ken Hall
>
>     Since I see the God of the Bible as Jesus Christ and wholly pure and
>good and kind hearted, and totally devoted to the good of mankind, it took
>me a while to see how you and others were calling him evil.
>     Please excuse me.

So you *DO* see?! Congrats! May be the next posting from you will be laced with
reason and logic rather than the rabid fanatical ravings! Christians seem to
the heaviest users of quotes from their holy books. Is it because their religion
is so absurd that no logical argument can be thought up to justify most of their
teachings so the quotes are the only thing the Xtians can whip up?

Even communists have something original to say rather than quote Marx, Lenin and
Mao all the time. Xtians feel the only basis for their believes is the Bible -
that's a poor choice of foundations.... Of course, they *COULD* have used
"The National Enquirer" or "Star" :-)......

--
Disclamer: I don't work here anymore - so they are not responsible for me.
+-------------------------------+ Don't bother, I'll find the door!
--------------------------------+...!{ihnp4|randvax}!ucla-cs!uclapic!oac6!oleg