[net.religion] Abortion clinic bombers

jsdy@hadron.UUCP (01/27/86)

[attribution missing]
>> Do you really think something like 'Do to others as you would be done'
>> would stand in the way of Mr. Falwell's and/or other zealots'
>> actions against something 'so obviously sinful and shameful in
>> the sight of God'?  I think a good example of this is the bombings
>> of abortion clinics and women's health centers across the country.
>>
>> I've never quite understood how the Golden Rule and these groups (as
>> well as others) go together.  This sort of self-contradiction
>> sort of weakens their credibility in my eyes.

You know, it has been astonishing me how people grab on to minority
actions that are, admittedly, sensational as the actions of the
majority.  There have been about 6 "abortion clinic bombers", I
believe.  There are (by their count) millions of pro-lifers, the
most prominent of which have publicly denounced the lack of respect
for life that such bombings shows.  The bombers seem to have all
been caught and all been loners (except for a gang of three caught
near here).  Yet many people still attribute these actions to the
pro-life groups!  This is not a phenomenon unique to this issue;
but a couple of articles and events this week reminded me of it
here.  Do people feel a need to attribute this kind of action to
groups instead of individuals?
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}

bandy@lll-crg.ARpA (Andrew Scott Beals) (01/28/86)

[ this doesn't belong in net.misc anymore ]

In article <209@hadron.UUCP> jsdy@hadron.UUCP (Joseph S. D. Yao) writes:
>There have been about 6 "abortion clinic bombers", I
>believe.

And how many pro-life organizations have been bombed? Zero.

What does that say to you?
--
"If your or your bits are discovered, the Department of Energy will
 disavow any knowlege of your actions."

andy beals - bandy@lll-crg.arpa - {seismo,ihnp4,qantel}!lll-crg!bandy