[net.religion] "BOB" is comming! Join Church of the SubGenius!!!

cs111olg@ucla-cs.UUCP (02/04/86)

In article <7800055@orstcs.UUCP> nathan@orstcs.UUCP (nathan) writes:
>If anyone has up-to-date or inside information on the Church of
>the SubGenius, I'd be thrilled to see it.

The Church of the SubGenius was in Los Angeles on Nov.15-16 '85.
There were 5 pages devoted to this event in "L.A.Weekly" Vol.7, No. 51
(I saved the copy!)

You can share the enlightenment by buying the OFFICIAL Church bible,
_The Book of the SubGenius_ (McGraw-Hill, 1983), a densely packed
compendium of profecies for the coming Weird Times.

And then there is the _Stark Fist of Removal_, the pseudo-monthly
newsletter filled with information from SubGenius subchurches ( caled
"clenches") from all over the world.

And then there are the Media Barrage recordings, ultra-thick audio
collages edited together from SubGenius radio interviews, crackpot
hypnosis tapes, backwater evangelical broadcasts and bad sci-fi movie
soundtracks.

Other sources of Church doctrine are old occult pamphlets, Mayan
mythology, Alcoholics Anonimous tracts, and those little dirty ads in
men's magazines.
The above is mostly exerpted from L.A.Weekly without permission.

The following are few of "Bobtruisms:

"Fuck 'Em if They Can't Take a Joke."

"Too Much Is Always Better Than Not Enough."

"Pull the Wool Over Your Own Eyes."

"You'll *Pay* To Know What You *Really* Think"

"Give Me Slack, or Give Me Food (or Kill Me)."

"If I Can't Whup It, I'll Go DOWN."

"Bleeding Head Good, Healed Head Bad."

"If You Act Like a Dumbshit, They'll Treat You as an Equal."

--
DISCLAMER: The opinions expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of UCLA
or it's emloyees and faculty. The might not even  be mine for all I know...

ins_atrh@jhunix.UUCP (Thomas Richard Holtz) (02/05/86)

>And then there is the _Stark Fist of Removal_, the pseudo-monthly
>newsletter filled with information from SubGenius subchurches ( called
>clenches") from all over the world.

"Stark Fist of Removal"?  Sounds like a Kzinti phrase to me....

					Dragonlord

"I am styled by my profession.  I am called Finder of Lost Loves."