[net.religion] moslem suicide

andrews@ubc-cs.UUCP (Jamie Andrews) (03/12/86)

>in article <181@lll-lcc.UUcp> bandy@lll-lcc.UUCP (Andrew Scott Beals) writes:
>>...if there happens to be a Jihad (~holy war) going on (and there always
>>seems to be, doesn't it?), then if you die while fighting the war
>>(ie driving a truck loaded with explosives into the airport
>>terminal), then you're guaranteed a good time in heaven...

then,
In article <5108@alice.uUCp> bart@alice.UucP (Bart N. Locanthi) writes:
>interesting thought.  do you suppose moslem countries have suicide hotlines
>too then?  not for preventing suicide, but for taking volunteers!  ...

Jesus Christ! (if you'll pardon the expression)

I can't believe the amount of anti-Moslem sentiment in the States.  Don't you
people realize that the Moslems you hate so much, like the Shi`ite terrorists,
are religious and political extremists?  Their views, practices, and laws can
no more be taken as indicative of Islam than Jerry Falwell and the Inquisitors
can be of Christianity.  If you are *really* interested in knowing the
mainstream Moslem position on suicide, instead of just cracking bigoted jokes,
post to net.religion.

--Jamie (not Moslem but some of my best friends are...).
...!ihnp4!alberta!ubc-vision!ubc-cs!andrews
"Like a dog without a bone, an actor out on loan"