[net.religion] Anti-Moslem Bigotry

gsmith@brahms.BERKELEY.EDU (Gene Ward Smith) (03/19/86)

In article <122@mit-trillian.MIT.EDU> martillo@trillian.UUCP (Yakim Martillo) writes:

>Irgunists acted properly.  Muslims have mistreated non-Muslims for the
>last millenium and continue to do so until this day.  Muslims must
>learn that this type of shit will no longer be tolerated. Until
>Muslims learn, Muslims deserve no consideration. If I am a

>In any case Deir Yassin was in no way similar to the usual massacre by
>Muslims of non-Muslims where Muslims just randomly pick out a
>group of inoffensive non-Muslims and slaughter them (often children --

>committing against non-Muslims.  A genuine progressive should first
>concentrate on the problem of extirpating Islamic barbarism before he

>	Islam is no longer acceptable.  It must either change or
>	be extirpated.

     Hey, good show! I propose we start net.religion.moslem. Then we
can all show what we think of them rotten Ay-rabs by trashing them and
their religion every day! I can hardly wait.

ucbvax!brahms!gsmith    Gene Ward Smith/UCB Math Dept/Berkeley CA 94720
          "There are no differences but differences of degree
            between degrees of difference and no difference"

martillo@mit-trillian.MIT.EDU (Yakim Martillo) (03/22/86)

In article <12489@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> gsmith@brahms.UUCP (Gene Ward Smith) writes:
>In article <122@mit-trillian.MIT.EDU> martillo@trillian.UUCP (Yakim Martillo) writes:
>
>>Irgunists acted properly.  Muslims have mistreated non-Muslims for the
>>last millenium and continue to do so until this day.  Muslims must
>>learn that this type of shit will no longer be tolerated. Until
>>Muslims learn, Muslims deserve no consideration. If I am a
>
>>In any case Deir Yassin was in no way similar to the usual massacre by
>>Muslims of non-Muslims where Muslims just randomly pick out a
>>group of inoffensive non-Muslims and slaughter them (often children --
>
>>committing against non-Muslims.  A genuine progressive should first
>>concentrate on the problem of extirpating Islamic barbarism before he
>
>>	Islam is no longer acceptable.  It must either change or
>>	be extirpated.
>

>     Hey, good show! I propose we start net.religion.moslem. Then we
>can all show what we think of them rotten Ay-rabs by trashing them and
>their religion every day! I can hardly wait.
>
>ucbvax!brahms!gsmith    Gene Ward Smith/UCB Math Dept/Berkeley CA 94720
>          "There are no differences but differences of degree
>            between degrees of difference and no difference"

By the sarcasm I presume you consider the obligatory humiliation,
degradation or outright slaughter of non-Muslims as well as required
or encouraged genital mutilation of women acceptable behavior.

Why don't you crawl back under your rock?!

gsmith@weyl.berkeley.edu.BERKELEY.EDU (Gene Ward Smith) (03/25/86)

In article <128@mit-trillian.MIT.EDU> martillo@trillian.UUCP (Yakim Martillo) writes:
>In article <12489@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> gsmith@brahms.UUCP (Gene Ward Smith) writes:
>>In article <122@mit-trillian.MIT.EDU> martillo@trillian.UUCP (Yakim Martillo) writes:

>>>	Islam is no longer acceptable.  It must either change or
>>>	be extirpated.
>>

>>     Hey, good show! I propose we start net.religion.moslem. Then we
>>can all show what we think of them rotten Ay-rabs by trashing them and
>>their religion every day! I can hardly wait.

>By the sarcasm I presume you consider the obligatory humiliation,
>degradation or outright slaughter of non-Muslims as well as required
>or encouraged genital mutilation of women acceptable behavior.

     I am not an expert on Islam, but I have read the Koran. I
do not recall anything in it which makes obligatory the "humiliation,
degradation or outright slaughter of non-Muslims". Nor do I remember
so-called "female circumcision" discussed. I think the latter is a
cultural habit -- it is far from universal in Moslem countries, I
believe.

>Why don't you crawl back under your rock?!

    Can I share your rock instead?

    I am sorry I am not bigoted enough for you. I've been taking lessons
over here on net.religion and hope I can do better in the future. Is that
OK? Do you know a Klan chapter I could join? I already have a white sheet.

ucbvax!brahms!gsmith    Gene Ward Smith/UCB Math Dept/Berkeley CA 94720
        Fifty flippant frogs / Walked by on flippered feet
    And with their slime they made the time / Unnaturally fleet.