[net.religion] Creation of *.psi

sunny@hoptoad.uucp (Sunny Kirsten) (05/10/86)

I hereby propose the formation of either a new newsgroup:  (net.psi)
                         or a new moderated mailing list:  (mod.psi)
(for which I volunteer as moderator, but wouldn't mind another doing)
oriented to the discussion of PSI (psychic / paranormal phenomena),
esoteric philosophy/science, metaphysics, occult, astrology, tarot, and
what may be learned about all of these from viewing the totality of all
earth's religions, present and past, etc.

Discussions of these and related subjects which have occurred in some of the
following newsgroups have been rejected by some of the readers thereof as not
belonging therein, and yet the overall implications of these matters do indeed
affect all of these newsgroups, as suggested below:

net.astro	(Astrology)
net.bio		(Spiritual aspects of life in  a body)
net.women	(Spiritual aspects of incarnation as a given sex)
net.social	(Spiritual implications of living with other spirits)
net.singles	(Spiritual aspects of relationships: Soul Mates, etc)
net.med		(Psychic healing)
net.philosophy	(Esoteric Philosophy)
net.origins	(The Esoteric viewpoint of creation and evolution)
net.religion	(non-denominational Esoteric viewpoint of spirituality)
net.abortion	(Karmic consequences of Abortion)
net.suicide	(Karmic consequences of Suicide)

Therefore, I would like to start with a poll of the readers of all of these
newsgroups to see if we can reach a consensus:

1)	Of those who read some or all of these existing newsgroups and who
	don't want to see these subjects discussed in "their" newsgroup, and
	therefore support putting these discussions in a new newsgroup rather
	than seeing them crossposted to all these newsgroups at once.

2)	Of those who are interested in these subjects, and would like to
	discuss same in a relavent newsgroup, rather than having to troll
	through a lot of unrelated and hostile material generated from
	"invading" these existing newsgroups.

Please mail replies directly to me, and do not post replies to the net unless
you can't find a successful return mail path.  If you have tried and failed to
mail a reply, please post only to net.newsgroups.

			Blessed Be,
			Sunny
--
		Sunny Kirsten
U.P.S.:		10329 Hilltop Rd.

king@kestrel.UUCP (05/11/86)

   From: sunny@hoptoad.uucp (Sunny Kirsten)
   Newsgroups: net.abortion,net.astro,net.bio,net.singles,net.social,net.women,net.med,net.philosophy,net.religion,net.news.group
   Date: 10 May 86 15:57:16 GMT

   I hereby propose the formation of either a new newsgroup:  (net.psi)
			    or a new moderated mailing list:  (mod.psi)

Net bandwidth is scarce and expensive.  People who claim to have
experienced psi should communicate with each other using that superior
and free method that is available to them and not to the rest of us.
I'd hate to see us non-psi's relegated to the clumsy electronic
net.psi :-) !

-dick

demillo@uwmacc.UUCP (Rob DeMillo) (05/11/86)

In article <787@hoptoad.uucp> sunny@hoptoad.UUCP (Sunny Kirsten) writes:
>I hereby propose the formation of either a new newsgroup:  (net.psi)
>                         or a new moderated mailing list:  (mod.psi)

Great! I agree...finally, go to your own groups...

>Discussions of these and related subjects which have occurred in some of the
>following newsgroups have been rejected by some of the readers thereof as not
>belonging therein, and yet the overall implications of these matters do indeed
>affect all of these newsgroups, as suggested below:
>
>net.astro	(Astrology)
>net.bio		(Spiritual aspects of life in  a body)
>net.women	(Spiritual aspects of incarnation as a given sex)
>net.social	(Spiritual implications of living with other spirits)
>net.singles	(Spiritual aspects of relationships: Soul Mates, etc)
>net.med		(Psychic healing)
>net.philosophy	(Esoteric Philosophy)
>net.origins	(The Esoteric viewpoint of creation and evolution)
>net.religion	(non-denominational Esoteric viewpoint of spirituality)
>net.abortion	(Karmic consequences of Abortion)
>net.suicide	(Karmic consequences of Suicide)
>

>			Blessed Be,
>			Sunny

Sunny ---
   I have never said this to *anyone* on the net before...and I've been
on it for a good many years, but: "God, you're a weenie!" I have heard
you say some incredible things - and, that is your right. But I have also
heard you profess yourself to be knowledgable of both sexes, claim
that you are not giving opinions but "imparting wisdom," and then turn
around and get huffy under the collar when you piss people off. And now?
Now you have your nose bent out of joint because net.astro was formed
to talk about astronomy, and net.abortion was formed to talk about abortion,
etc etc etc.
   This is the *first* time I have heard you say anything rational like:
"gosh, maybe I should request to form a seperate group to talk about
what I want to talk about."

   I promise that I won't do you the same discourtesy you do all of
us: I won't break into net.psi and start talking about plasma physics.

--
                           --- Rob DeMillo
                               Madison Academic Computer Center

          "If you can't trust wimp lawyers anymore,
                 who can you trust...?"
                        -- Mildred Krebs