[net.religion] Outrageously long Biblical quotes

za56@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU (Brian McNeill) (09/06/86)

In article <186@BMS-AT.UUCP> stuart@BMS-AT.UUCP (Stuart D. Gathman) writes:

>[200+ lines of Biblical quotations deleted]

Please, Please stop quoting the Bible, or if you must, quote only
the relevent parts, not the entire chapter in which they appear (you
have done this twice now that I remember)  It's kinda pointless, as
well as rude, to do this, since most people will read the length
line, see how long it is, and hit the 'n' key (or 'j')

The other point against quoting the Bible is that in the majority of
the cases on the net, it will do no good.  If you are responding to
a HASA type (myself included), the majority of us will not admit the
Bible as valid evidence anymore than we admit Homer as valid
evidence.  If you are responding to a fellow Xian, remember, he
reads the same Bible as you do, and draws his own interpretations
therefrom.  If his own interpretations tend a little more to the
liberal side than yours...fine...it's his own religion...

>Stuart D. Gathman	<..!seismo!{vrdxhq|dgis}!BMS-AT!stuart>

| Brian McNeill        ARPA :           za56@sdcc3.ucsd.edu |
| HASA "A" Division    UUCP :  ...!sdcsvax!sdcc6!sdcc3!za56 |
| Quote of the day: "All great truths begin as blasphemies" |
|                     -- George Bernard Shaw                |