Path:burl!spanky!ihnp4!houxm!npoiv!npois!hou5f!ariel!vax135!cornell!uw-beaver!vestal
Date:Tue, 26-Apr-83 23:24:40 EDT
Organization:U of Washington Computer Science

I've always been interested in paradoxes; if you've got any interesting
ones, I'd appreciate it if you'd take the time to send it via mail.

You can skip the following, which I know of: Epimenides', Zeno's,
Ricard's, Russel's.

It seems curious that Zen would espouse learning through the
resolution of koans -- after all, some of the more interesting
structures of mathematics (I'm thinking of the irrational numbers
and uncountable infinities) came about as the resolution of
outstanding paradoxes.  I seem to recall a quote in which Einstein
said his research was prompted by some paradoxical thought
experiments.