[net.philosophy] Mysticism, ESP, and all that jazz

scent@sask.UUCP (Scent Project) (06/06/85)

Anybody interested in the above subject, who doesn't mind reading fairly
good science fiction, might enjoy reading "Code of the Lifemaker", by
James P. Hogan.  This will probably appeal more to those who think that
mystic beliefs are unwarranted, and in general, double plus ungood. (So
to speak)

					Ken McDonald

In article <234@sask.UUCP> scent@sask.UUCP (Scent Project) writes:
>Anybody interested in the above subject, who doesn't mind reading fairly
>good science fiction, might enjoy reading "Code of the Lifemaker", by
>James P. Hogan.  This will probably appeal more to those who think that
>mystic beliefs are unwarranted, and in general, double plus ungood. (So
>to speak)
>
>					Ken McDonald

	Most definately! I have been trying to remember this title
ever since this Uri Geller business starrted. The main character
is a really well-done Geller clone. And the book describes quite a
few of the techniques which can be used to produce these effects!
--

				Sarima (Stanley Friesen)

{trwrb|allegra|cbosgd|hplabs|ihnp4|aero!uscvax!akgua}!sdcrdcf!psivax!friesen
or {ttdica|quad1|bellcore|scgvaxd}!psivax!friesen