[net.philosophy] How to tell net.religion from net.philosophy

In article <1826@pyuxd.UUCP> rlr@pyuxd.UUCP (Rich Rosen) writes:

>> A lot of people want to send anything that says "religion" to
>> net.religion. The problem is that within net.religion, religion is
>> always a valid point, in net.philosophy, you can say religion is
>> *philosophically* unsound.

>Hmmm...  Maybe that's the problem.  I'm in a newsgroup where any
>*philosophy* no matter how silly is always valid, rather than one where
>it's all right to show a philosophy/belief to be *logically* unsound...

No, it's that you're in a newsgroup where the nature of logical soundness,
and even the need for it, are proper topics for discussion.  And it's not as
if Rich's positions have never been questioned on the basis of THEIR logical
soundness, either.

Charley Wingate