[net.philosophy] RLR's lack of Humor

williams@kirk.DEC (John Williams 223-3402) (10/22/85)

Methinks you take this seriously.

	I don't mean to steal the glory, I'm sure micheal is working
on his own admirable rebuttal, but don't you think he might have
actually been satirical rather than serious?

	You have consistently demonstrated a complete failure to
comprehend anything presented to you.

	If you want something to be concerned about:

	The US is trying to fight aparthied in south africa, WHILE
israelis come here for funding campaigns to enforce a jewish state
in a mostly arab country. It's pretty screwed up.

	What GOD gave them the right?

	I have the feeling it's because of the same thing we have
been experiencing with you, namely, you refuse to listen and make
hippocritical accusations.

I am disgusted with this newsgroup.
						John.

rlr@pyuxd.UUCP (Rich Rosen) (10/23/85)

> Methinks you take this seriously.
>
> 	I don't mean to steal the glory, I'm sure micheal is working
> on his own admirable rebuttal, but don't you think he might have
> actually been satirical rather than serious?  [WILLIAMS]

Given that you newsposting software includes neither a reference to the
article you might be talking about or any deliberate inclusion on your part
to indicate which article you might be talking about, let me say that
Michael often engages in satirical writing of a sort.  When faced with
points of mine that he could not (or would not) answer, he wrote "Praise
Nihil" poems in which he prayed for my soul.  The fact remains that repeatedly
he has engaged in the very things he has accused me of (incredible presumption
about his notions, overt and blatant biases, as with his opinions on Skinner),
without once substantiating his accusations.  I should say, however, that I
have met Michael, and have found him to be a forthright and intelligent person.
On the other hand, I will say without fear of contradiction that he has THE
most inept sense of timing of anyone I have ever met in this universe.
(Michael knows exactly what I am talking about.  :-)

> 	You have consistently demonstrated a complete failure to
> comprehend anything presented to you.

You mean because I don't agree with it?  Perhaps the problem lies with the
presenter and the things presented?

> 	The US is trying to fight aparthied in south africa, WHILE
> israelis come here for funding campaigns to enforce a jewish state
> in a mostly arab country. It's pretty screwed up.
>
> 	What GOD gave them the right?

Very good question.  Who says gods had anything to do with their rights
to their own country, in this case?  ("The US is trying to fight apartheid"??
Are you in the same universe as the rest of us?  Oh, I forgot, you work for
DEC, never mind...)

> 	I have the feeling it's because of the same thing we have
> been experiencing with you, namely, you refuse to listen and make
> hippocritical accusations.

I refuse to listen when contradictory and/or clearly false things are being
said.  (Actually, I listen very carefully, and answer equally carefully.
Perhaps that's what you're complaining about---you wish I wouldn't listen
so carefully?)  You may want what you say to be true, but that doesn't make it
so.  Furthermore, you may accuse me of criticizing you for being a horse (??),
but my accusations have foundations that I have documented.  Do yours?

> I am disgusted with this newsgroup.

This coming from the man that spewed forth tons of garbage about irrelevant
topics including excretory functions and such!  If I am the source of disgust
for such a person, it is an honor.
--
"Mrs. Peel, we're needed..."			Rich Rosen 	ihnp4!pyuxd!rlr

csdf@mit-vax.UUCP (Charles Forsythe) (10/23/85)

In article <964@decwrl.UUCP> williams@kirk.DEC (John Williams 223-3402) writes:
>	If you want something to be concerned about:
>
>	The US is trying to fight aparthied in south africa, WHILE
>israelis come here for funding campaigns to enforce a jewish state
>in a mostly arab country. It's pretty screwed up.

Isreal has proven to be our best and most trustworthy ally in the area.
If Isreal were to fall to the Arabs or the Russians, you could kiss the
middle east goodbye. Secondly, Arabs have just as many rights in Isreal
as do Jews, Christians, Blacks and ignorant reactionaries. Also, where
do you get off saying that Isreal is an ARAB country? Support your points
much?

The civil rights violations in South Africa are blatant and fully
documented. Having a state religion is not necessarily a violation of
civil rights (ever hear of "One Nation Under God"?).

Your comment is an anti-semitic diatribe. You make no attempt to support
your assertions. Instead, you try to make us feel guilty for supporting
freedom on the African continent.

>I am disgusted with this newsgroup.
>						John.

I'm just disgusted with you.

--
Charles Forsythe
CSDF@MIT-VAX

"I'm looking for the joke with a microscope."
-Iggy Pop