[net.micro.apple] SUMacC Sources??

lra@aluxe.UUCP (Lonnie R. Abelbeck, AT&T Bell Labs) (07/07/84)

FROM INFO-MAC _________
>From: INTMET@BBNA.ARPA
>Anybody know how to cause MacTerminal to force a break onto the communications
>line?		Ben Hyde
>ps.  A BIG thanks to the folks a SUMEX for SUMacC and for moderating a great
>list, your sure to get into Computer Science Heaven.
>-------
now from USENET

Well Ben, use the ENTER key to get MacTerminal to do a BREAK.

BUT PLEASE tell us about SUMacC!!! Is it 'C' running on a VAX, that can
download to the Mac? Do you have the sources???

Thanks ...

Lonnie Abelbeck

aluxe!lra

furuta@uw-beaver (Richard Furuta) (07/10/84)

Yes, SUMacC uses a C cross compiler that runs on a VAX running 4.1 or 4.2
bsd and downloads to the Macintosh.  It is still under development and is
undergoing debugging and enhancement.  At the present time, it is only
easily available to Internet (e.g., Arpanet) sites.  Before you ask, I think
it is probably too large to post to net.sources (>2 megabytes, a certain
amount of which is binary) and I also fear that posting to net.sources would
violate its copyright.

			--Rick

			...decvax!uw-beaver!furuta (uucp)
			...ihnp4!uw-beaver!furuta