ned@BRL-BMD.ARPA (06/29/84)

From:      Raymond Prenatt (TANK) <ned@BRL-BMD.ARPA>

Yes.  I, and several acquaintances, had to drop out of INFO-MAC because
we couldn't take the inundation of messages.  I'd hate to have to drop
out of INFO-APPLE, to which I've subscribed for several years, for the
same reason.  It already seems to be getting rapidly out of hand.
                                                    -Ned-

pshell@wxlvax.UUCP (Peter Shell) (06/29/84)

New mac bboard? yes.

ward@hao.UUCP (Mike Ward) (06/29/84)

[]
Count me in as a vote for net.micro.mac
--
Michael Ward, NCAR/SCD
UUCP: {hplabs,nbires,brl-bmd,seismo,menlo70,stcvax}!hao!ward

bees@drutx.UUCP (DavisRB) (07/02/84)

Yes:	net.micro.apple.32   (mac and lisa)

Ray Davis

wetcw@pyuxa.UUCP (T C Wheeler) (07/03/84)

I disagree with the net.micro.mac idea.  I just feel that
creating sub-groups of the same company is a waste of resources.
Let each computer manufacturer have a sub-group.  Now that the
builder field is in the process of being weeded out, this should
keep the number of groups down.

Do it like this:

Net.micro
Net.micro.ibm
Net.micro.com
Net.micro.ata
Net.micro.ti
Net.micro.app
Net.micro.whoever
Etc. Etc.

The only wading through articles you will need is at least
in the same ballpark.  Don't create separate little niches
for every piece of equipment that falls off the truck.  Keep
the same manufacturers together in one place.
T. C. Wheeler

tac@teldata.UUCP () (07/06/84)

, (sop to the blank line eaters--consider it a religious sacrifice)

I could live without a new newsgroup for Macs & Lisas *IF* {and I doubt
that it could happen} we could train people to put the *TYPE* of apple
that they are talking about in the subject.  Until then, we need a
separate group.

	    From the Soapbox of
	    Tom Condon     {...!uw-beaver!teltone!teldata!tac}

	    An Apple A Day Keeps The ...

DISCLAIMER:  The opinions expressed herein are those of everyone who
  matters, but not necessarily anyone you know, and most certainly not
  my employers!

jho@ihuxn.UUCP (Yosi Hoshen) (07/09/84)

Yes to net.micro.mac
--

Yosi Hoshen
Bell Laboratories

guy@rlgvax.UUCP (Guy Harris) (07/10/84)

> I disagree with the net.micro.mac idea.  I just feel that
> creating sub-groups of the same company is a waste of resources.
> Let each computer manufacturer have a sub-group....
> The only wading through articles you will need is at least
> in the same ballpark.

Prune juice.  The only thing the 6502-based Apple micros and the 68000-based
micros have in common are the company that makes them, and some of the
peripheral equipment available for them.  I don't own a Mac or Lisa, but I am
interested in them - but I personally have no interest whatsoever in the 6502-
based Apples.  I'm sure there are people out there who have 6502-based Apples
who have no interest in Apple 32s.  Perhaps what is needed is a per-manufacturer
group and subgroups of those groups for all major distinct product families
(i.e., net.micro.pc or net.micro.ibm would probably not need subgroups, as
all the PCs form one family, but net.micro.apple would have two subgroups,
one for the Apple II family (and possibly Apple III) and one for the Apple
32 family).

	Guy Harris
	{seismo,ihnp4,allegra}!rlgvax!guy

ksbc@hirst1.UUCP (Annie Brooking KSBC) (07/12/84)

Discussions on whether we should have a Lisa or Mac news group have been going
on for ages, and with the increased amout of trafic that is being generated by
these machines (mainly the Mac), it's about time something was done.  Although
they are both Apple machines, we could at least have a sub-group of
net.micro.apple, or more important a net.lisa (for Lisa technology, not the
machine).

Yorick Phoenix

(all tm's recognised).