[net.micro.apple] Help with Open/Closed-Apple keys

binder@dosadi.DEC (10/31/84)

What is the magic that the Open-Apple and Closed-Apple keys perform?  My Apple
][+ obviously lacks them; I sat down with a //e and wrote a Basic hack with a
GET statement to see what they do, and I've learned that they do NOT do either
of the following:

1.  Generate any character that a GET statement can see.  [My hack sat and
    waited forever...]

2.  Modify the apparent ASCII values of normal keys.  [PRINT ASC(A$) pro-
    duces the same result with Open-Apple and A together as with A alone.]

So what DO they do?  Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Dick Binder   ("Beware the Jabberwock, my son!")

UUCP:  { decvax, allegra, ucbvax... }!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-dosadi!binder
ARPA:  binder%dosadi.DEC@decwrl.ARPA

Posted Wednesday 31st October 1984, 09:02 EST by DOSADI::BINDER

jimb@amd.UUCP (Jim Budler) (11/10/84)

In article <decwrl.4060> binder@dosadi.DEC writes:
>What is the magic that the Open-Apple and Closed-Apple keys perform?  My Apple
>
>So what DO they do?  Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Dick Binder   ("Beware the Jabberwock, my son!")

They are connected to the paddle buttons.

Th-Th-That's all folks.....
--
 Jim Budler
 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.