[net.micro.apple] IIe Termcap; Bug

ee65xdh@sdcc7.UUCP (JAMES HAYES) (01/25/85)

In article 287@boulder.UUCP Vincent Heuring writes:

> I:   Does *ANYBODY* have a termcap for the IIe with the Apple 80 column
> board? Please reply via this newsgroup.

Yes! I have a terminal package that emulates the fuctions of a
vt-52. It will be released on net.sources as soon as the TERMCAP
description is prepared. It is able to use *ANY* modem
configuration that the P-system is capable of.    The emulator is
written in 6502 assembly and is about 900 bytes long. Hardware
requirements?

Apple //e or //c
80 column card in AUX slot.
Any modem that Pascal can use.

> II: I have been using my IIe to communicate with our local system at
> 1200 baud for a year now, and have had real frustrations with
> the slowness of the Apple Monitor. I need to pad linefeeds with
> three nulls to keep the monitor from dropping one to three characters
> at the beginning of lines. I have been using the Apple SuperSerial
> card, and could find no way around the problem. This is not a particularly
> big problem if one communicates with only one or two systems, but
> became a real hassle when dealing with a number of different ones:
> VAX/Unix, VAX/vms, Cyber, Lockheed Dialog, etc.

The problem is NOT in the Super Serial Card. The problem lies in the
80 column support routines in the //e and //c. THEY ARE EXTREMELY
SLUGGISH. Keep looking in net.sources, my program will be there
soon.

Me:             James Hayes
US Snail:       P.O. Box 7378, La Jolla   CA   92037
Ma-Bell:        (619) 455-1195  (Only if urgent.. ONLY!)
Net:            {ucbxax,sdchema,inhp4,ucivax,bmcg,
		 sdcrdcf,akgua}!sdcsvax!sdcc7!ee65xdh

~ Speed isn't everything... You have to be right some of the time...
  :-) ~