[net.micro.apple] Another Ultima Hint without changing the disk. *** spoiler ***

stanly@unmvax.UUCP (03/12/85)

>From: Ken Whaley <unmvax:ucbvax!whaley@lbl-ux4.ARPA>
>Subject: Ultima ]I[
>

>Howdy.
>
>	Thanks to your recent hints in net.games, I FINALLY got the Mark of
>Snake.   I even had the entire dungeon mapped, but left a few "?" untested
>(probably because I was so tired from mapping!  There's a lesson in there
>somewhere).   So I got into the Castle of Fire, and, eventually, encountered
>THE FLOOR.  First time, I was wiped out.  Second time, my wizard and my cleric
>BOTH used their best death spells (P and O respectively), and my fighter

Spells dont work of floors.  Only dragons and other such things get hurt
 by spells.

>tried to "chop" his way through the floor.  I think I got through one piece
>of floor, only to have the next one wipe me out....*sigh*.  Anyway, on to the
>questions....
>
>	Is there a jester in the castle?  I have a hint: "Seek the jester in
>the castle of Fire"

There is no use for the jester.  I think you have the hint wrong.  THere
 is a jester being tortured in fire.

>	I "won" the game by blowing away Exodus in the town next to Lord
>British's castle...the game even said that I had done it all, but I figure that
>only by getting Exodus in the Fire Castle will I have REALLY won.

Hmm. I did not know you could do that. Where in the town?

>	Help!   (I have a fighter with +4 bow, and a thief with a bow...of
>course, all have exotic arms/armours...can't see how the bow helps.)
>
>			Ken

Arm all with Exotics Except for one with a bow.  THe exotics can kill the
 floors. You use the Bow to find the floors.  The bolt from the bow wont
 hurt the floor but the bolt will stop on a floor.  I normally get in the
 configuration of:

	       M M

Where the M's are then men with exotics and the B is the man with the bow.
 All will attack foward  until you cannot kill anymore without using the bow.

Then the bowmen steps around shooting till the bolt is stoped.  You now
 know where the last one is.  There are SIX sets of floors. (did
 I explain that well?)

			GOOD luck

Send me mail . . . I   L O V E  mail

          Josh Siegel

 {convex,ucbvax,gatech,csu-cs,anl-mcs,lanl-a}!unmvax!unm-cvax!josh