[net.micro.apple] Epson To Apple LaserWriter Converter

cramer@kontron.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (07/29/85)

I've written a program in C that converts Epson MX-80 control codes to the
equivalent PostScript necessary for the Apple LaserWriter to emulate an
Epson MX-80.  (Don't laugh --- you can't configure a lot of existing programs
to produce PostScript.)

Does anyone on the net have suggestions for companies that might be interested
in buying such a program?  Preferably, all rights to it --- I can't be
bothered trying to advertise it and deal with customers.

dick@ucsfcca.UUCP (Dick Karpinski) (08/04/85)

In article <424@kontron.UUCP> cramer@kontron.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) writes:
>I've written a program in C that converts Epson MX-80 control codes to the
>equivalent PostScript necessary for the Apple LaserWriter to emulate an
>Epson MX-80.  (Don't laugh --- you can't configure a lot of existing programs
>to produce PostScript.)
>
>Does anyone on the net have suggestions for companies that might be interested
>in buying such a program?  Preferably, all rights to it --- I can't be
>bothered trying to advertise it and deal with customers.

I would say to talk with Andy Shore at Adobe, 1870 Embarcadero Suite 100
Palo Alto, CA 94303 (415) 852-0271.  Their TranScript does such for
ditroff, C/A/T troff, and such already.  It tends to make PostScript
nearly universally useful, which pleases me.

Dick

--
Dick Karpinski    Manager of Unix Services, UCSF Computer Center
UUCP: ...!ucbvax!ucsfcgl!cca.ucsf!dick   (415) 666-4529 (12-7)