[net.micro.apple] APPLE IIC HELP NEEDED!!!!!

regard@ttidcc.UUCP (Adrienne Regard) (10/03/85)

HELP NEEDED!!

A writer friend of mine needs help with an Apple IIC with Pro-DOS.  She
wasn't very conscientious about backing up disks, and has suffered
her first disk crash, costing her 60 pages of prose that HAS NEVER BEEN
PRINTED.

She is desperately searching for some utility that will read the crashed
disk sector by sector to salvage some of those 60 pages worth of work.
The corporate Apple hasn't been able to help.  They do not have such a
utility for this machine/operating system.

Can anybody help??  My friend's great thanks, and my own, in advance.

Adrienne Regard (path above for e-mail).

Any "disk utility" package that includes a "nybble copier"
(usually misspelled "nibble") is likely to be useful for
recovering the contents of a scrambled disk.  You could
also try Beagle Brothers' "Pro Byter".  A visit to your
local computer store would be in order; they often stock
"Locksmith 5.0", "Copy II+", or some other such product.
(I recommend the latter.)

goldman@umn-cs.UUCP (Matthew D. Goldman ) (10/07/85)

In article <750@ttidcc.UUCP> regard@ttidcc.UUCP (Adrienne Regard) writes:

>HELP NEEDED!!
>

>She is desperately searching for some utility that will read the crashed
>disk sector by sector to salvage some of those 60 pages worth of work.
>Can anybody help??  My friend's great thanks, and my own, in advance.

Try Begal Brothers' Software(eat that internet :-) They run strange
advertisments in most computer zines

--
-------
				Matthew Goldman

Home is where you take your hat off...			Banzai!

Kyllara :	What did you just do?
Moederan :	I don't know but it's going to be fun...