[net.micro.apple] Ascii Express terminal emulation

cht@mit-eddie.UUCP (Chester Liu) (01/08/86)

Hello, this is serious here,

I use Ascii Express with my Apple II+.  I got it to emulate a vt52 before
simply by changhing a few terminal parameters.  I have a Viewmaster-80
column card which is Videx compatible.  I lost the list of parameters
and I wonder if anyone out there has any suggestions.  I know for sure
that all I have to do is change the terminal parameters. Right now, they are
set at 6 (vt52) for input and 5 (80 column) for output.
I am sure that someone out ther has the same setup as me.  If you are,
please answer me.  I am desperate!  Thank you.

     Chester
     ...ihnp4!mit-eddie!cht

nazgul@apollo.uucp (Kee Hinckley) (01/10/86)

In article <895@mit-eddie.UUCP> cht@mit-eddie.UUCP (Chester Liu) writes:
> column card which is Videx compatible.  I lost the list of parameters
> and I wonder if anyone out there has any suggestions.  I know for sure
> that all I have to do is change the terminal parameters. Right now, they are
> set at 6 (vt52) for input and 5 (80 column) for output.
> I am sure that someone out ther has the same setup as me.  If you are,
> please answer me.  I am desperate!  Thank you.
>
>      Chester
>      ...ihnp4!mit-eddie!cht

I have Ascii Express on my ][e, so I can't help you out without resorting to
my manual, but I do have a two "helpful" hints:

    o  Read your manual
    o  Call up the company (the number's in the manual)

If you don't have a manual then I start to wonder where you got the
software.  I'm sure the author (who is somewhere on the net) would be
curious to know.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not above using pirated software, but there is
a simple rule I follow:

        If I need it so bad that I would have bought it...  I buy it.

If you're that desperate then I suggest you do the same.  If on the other
hand I have it all wrong and the documentation isn't at all helpful, then
I apologize.

                                                        Kee Hinckley
                                                        Apollo Computer

--
    Little Bo-Peep
    Has lost her sheep,

                        "A Space Child's Mother Goose"

jc@sdcsvax.UUCP (John Cornelius) (01/13/86)

The ASCII Express manual gives the following terminal/card types. They are set
using the S option in Macro (U) section.

 0	= No Emulation		 1	= ADDS Regent or Viewpoint
 2	= Hazeltine 1500	 3	= Televideo 912, ADM-31
 4	= Soroc IQ-120		 5	= Datamedia (80 col. bds.)
 6	= DEC VT-52		 7	= Dow Jones
 8	= ADM-3A		 9	= IBM 3101
10	= Hazeltine 1510	11	= Heath H19

There is also an installation option which allows the Videx keyboard inhancer
to be used. See page 151 of the manual.

If you have an 80 column card the output terminal is always 5. The input
terminal is whichever one you want to emulate.

John Cornelius
Western Scientific