[net.micro.apple] "re: re:apple iix"

188622462@excalibur.UUCP (Greene T Richard) (03/13/86)

In article <128@tetra.UUCP> rupp@tetra.UUCP (William L. Rupp) wrote:

>In article <423@excalibur.UUCP> 188622462@excalibur.UUCP (Rick Greene) writes:
>>
>>For some more information, look at the March 86 issue of Nibble magazine.
>>I believe they devoted the editor's column to this issue.  Some very neat
>>ideas are put forth as to what this new compuer will have, including the
>>

>Seems to me that the editor was putting forth some nice features that
>the advanced Apple // MIGHT have, not WILL have.  I know as little as
>most people about this, but I think it is a little too much to expect
>any compatibility with Macintosh software.  Even if it were possible, I
>do not think Apple would necessarily like the idea.

Sorry, my mistake, I did mean to say "might", not "will".

Also, it was my interpretation that the editor thought the new Apple would
be able to use DATA, not the programs themselves, from the MAC.  This would
not be so hard to do, whereas dual compatibility would be more difficult.

As an aside question, does anyone know what the average age and job is of
the people who use the net?  Is it just working adults and a few college
students (like myself)?

Rick Greene
      ...!ihnp4!psuvax1!vu-vlsi!excalibur!188622462

Reply to postings! Send mail! I want to get to know all the major people here!