[net.micro.apple] Rumor on the Apple IIx release.

rodney@gt-oscar.UUCP (RODNEY RICKS) (02/27/86)

   ...and now it's time for some gossip.  I pass this on NOT based on how definite
this information is, but on how interesting it may be.

   I have heard (from a friend who has a friend who works at Apple) that the Apple IIx
will be released this summer.  I have not yet found out exactly what the system will be
(It WILL use the Western Design Center 65816 chip.), in terms of memory, clock rate,
operating system, compatibility, etc.  My guess is that it is the operating system that
is holding them up.  The way Apple is heading, they may make it into another "mouse and
icons" type system.

   Has anybody else out there in netland heard anything?  I have a friend with an
Apple IIe system who is waiting to move up to a IIx, and is dying for lack of
information.  Please, HELP SAVE HIM! :-)

Rodney Ricks
      Georgia Insitute of Technology                     Atlanta, Georgia 30332

UUCP: ...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gt-oscar!rodney
 or :                                                   !gatech!gitpyr!rodney
Mail: 4265 Hidden Valley Dr.
      College Park, Ga. 30349

rob@nmtvax.UUCP (Rob Kenyon -A stranger in a stranger land) (03/03/86)

In article <> rodney@gt-oscar.UUCP writes:

>   ...and now it's time for some gossip.  I pass this on NOT based on how definite
>this information is, but on how interesting it may be.
>
>   I have heard (from a friend who has a friend who works at Apple) that the Apple IIx
>will be released this summer.  I have not yet found out exactly what the system will be
>(It WILL use the Western Design Center 65816 chip.), in terms of memory, clock rate,
>operating system, compatibility, etc.  My guess is that it is the operating system that
>is holding them up.  The way Apple is heading, they may make it into another "mouse and
>icons" type system.
>
>   Has anybody else out there in netland heard anything?  I have a friend with an
>Apple IIe system who is waiting to move up to a IIx, and is dying for lack of
>information.  Please, HELP SAVE HIM! :-)
>
>Rodney Ricks
>      Georgia Insitute of Technology                     Atlanta, Georgia 30332
>
>UUCP: ...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gt-oscar!rodney
> or :                                                   !gatech!gitpyr!rodney
>Mail: 4265 Hidden Valley Dr.
>      College Park, Ga. 30349

(Sorry about not cutting it down but our termcap for H19s is hopeless.)

Notes (taken by someone else at the apple convention in SF in January)

The new machine is (rumored) to have:  65c816 @ 8Meg and //e compatiblity.

Upgrades from //e to the new machine should be for the difference in cost
between the machines.

I want one. (or two)

--

Robert Kenyon                                p /
...ucbvax!unmvax!nmtvax!rob                   /

They say there is strangeness too dangerous,
In our theaters and bookstore shelves.
Those who know what's best for us,
Must rise and save us from ourselves.

joe@oucs.UUCP (Joseph Judge) (03/06/86)

> They say there is strangeness too dangerous,
> In our theaters and bookstore shelves.
> Those who know what's best for us,
> Must rise and save us from ourselves.

There are those who think that Life is nothing left to chance,
A host of Holy-Rollers to direct our aimless paths.
		-Rush

Must I feel what I always feel, what nonsense,
People are drifting like the winds on the seas,
With no direction, they get restless and bored,
No way forward, No way back, Just existence.
	-Howard Jones

Its great to see another Rush fan!
Ever read any Rand  (they get/got a lot of ideas/lyrics from her writings.
?
--
Joseph Judge
C.S Department

ins_armr@jhunix.UUCP (03/12/86)

In article <135@oucs.UUCP> joe@oucs.UUCP writes:

>> They say there is strangeness too dangerous,
>> In our theaters and bookstore shelves.
>> Those who know what's best for us,
>> Must rise and save us from ourselves.
>
>There are those who think that Life is nothing left to chance,
>A host of Holy-Rollers to direct our aimless paths.
>		-Rush

You can't have something for nothing,
You can't have freedom for free.
You won't get wise with the sleep still in your eyes,
No matter what your dream might be...
		-Ibid

>Its great to see another Rush fan!

Yeah!

>Ever read any Rand  (they get/got a lot of ideas/lyrics from her writings.
>?

Get out your copy of _Anthem_, then read the lyrics to '2112'... no doubt
about the inspiration there!

(Sorry about continuing this in this newsgroup, but I just couldn't resist...
:-)  )

Rudy Rumohr Jr.                                   3339 N. Charles St
                                                  Apartment 1-AL
UUCP: ihnp4!whuxcc!jhunix!ins_armr  -or-          Baltimore, MD 21218
      seismo!umcp-cs!jhunix!ins_armr  -or-
      allegra!hopkins!jhunix!ins_armr
ARPANET: ins_armr%jhunix.BITNET@wiscvm.ARPA

Necessity dictates the insertion of an appropriate disclamatory proclamation
into this section of this missive, both for assuredness of legality, and to
satisfy my lust for bombast.

"I've seen sex, and I think it's OK."  -- Talking Heads

davida@umd5.UUCP (David Arnold) (03/12/86)

> In article <135@oucs.UUCP> joe@oucs.UUCP writes:
> >>
> >> They say there is strangeness too dangerous,
> >		-Rush
>
> You can't have something for nothing,
> 		-Ibid
>

> >Its great to see another Rush fan!
>
> Yeah!

I agree!!  I've posted several articles about Rush here, and thought
Isaac (Gumby) was the only other one who cared!!  If anybody wants
to talk about 'em, I'll be glad to join in!  Either posting or mail
is fine!

Obligatory quote:

    "In different circles we keep holding our ground,
     Indifferent circles we keep spinning 'round and 'round"
--

David Arnold
University of Maryland

williams@vu-vlsi.UUCP (03/15/86)

> I agree!!  I've posted several articles about Rush here, and thought
> Isaac (Gumby) was the only other one who cared!!  If anybody wants
> to talk about 'em, I'll be glad to join in!  Either posting or mail
> is fine!
>				 David Arnold

	What the hell is this doing in net.micro.apple????  If your going
to post a followup make sure it's got something to do with the newsgroup,
pleeeease.  There have been several "rush" messages in net.micro.apple.
I'd personally mail all these people messages but there are quite a few
that seem to be posting followups to the same message (and most of them
probably don't read net.micro.apple)  I really hate posting things like this
but it had to be stopped.

								-taw

			"It's only a state of mind"