[net.micro.apple] Modem Interfacing ????'s

hoffman@uiucdcsb.CS.UIUC.EDU (05/09/86)

	I'm having some capatability problems with my Apple II+, Hayes
Smartmodem 1200, and a Super Serial Card.

	What I initially need to know is which, if any, modem software
programs can I use with this set-up?

	What kind of terminal is the Super Serial Card emulating when the
simple terminal program given in the SSC manual is being used?

	Also, I've heard mention of a hardware interface board for the
Apple II+ which will make it able to run IBM Pc software.  Does such a
board really exist?

	Leave any info possible please.  Thank you!

steve@jplgodo.UUCP (Steve Schlaifer x3171 156/224) (05/15/86)

In article <4600017@uiucdcsb>, hoffman@uiucdcsb.CS.UIUC.EDU writes:
> 	I'm having some capatability problems with my Apple II+, Hayes
> Smartmodem 1200, and a Super Serial Card.
> 	What I initially need to know is which, if any, modem software
> programs can I use with this set-up?

There was a vt100 emulator recently posted to the net that works with
this combination.  If you can't get it anywhere else I could probably
dig it up.  I think things like ASCII Express should work with this
combination but I have never tried it.  I use MDM720 on my Z80 card or
a home-brew program in my own version of FORTH depending on what I am
doing.

--

...smeagol\			Steve Schlaifer
......wlbr->!jplgodo!steve	Advance Projects Group, Jet Propulsion Labs