[net.micro.apple] Extended Memory Cards

joeloda@aicchi.UUCP (Joseph D. Loda) (07/10/86)

A frind of mine who uses Appleworks quite extensively on his //e seems
to be in the market for an extended memory card to increase his available
memory within Appleworks.  As I see it, there seem to be three popular
cards out now:  Apple, AE Ramworks and Coit Valley Multiram.

Any recomendations, caveats, etc on these cards?

Thanks in advance!
--
Joe Loda
Analysts International (Chicago Branch)

Usenet:   ..!ihnp4!aicchi!joeloda
   CIS:   75726,1641
   BIX:   jloda
 GEnie:   j.loda

ralphw@ius2.cs.cmu.edu.UUCP (07/11/86)

In article <778@aicchi.UUCP> joeloda@aicchi writes:
>A frind of mine who uses Appleworks quite extensively on his //e seems
>to be in the market for an extended memory card to increase his available
>memory within Appleworks.  As I see it, there seem to be three popular
>cards out now:  Apple, AE Ramworks and Coit Valley Multiram.
Actually it's Checkmate Technologies, there ARE other dealers.
Anyone heard about their progress on the Gambit card?
(multifcn with 2 serial , 1 parallel, clock, 65C02?, 512K memory, and
'support' for an 80 column display)
--
					- Ralph W. Hyre, Jr.

Internet: ralphw@c.cs.cmu.edu [most reliable] Phone: (412) 268-2847 [CMU-BUGS]
Amateur Radio: KA3PLY (c/o W3VC, CMU Radio Club) [packet mailbox coming soon!]
Fido: Ralph Hyre at Pitt-Net [may change soon, when I put up a BBS of my own!]