[net.micro.apple] New Apple Kermit Request

langbein@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (John E. Langbein) (08/07/86)

     I am looking for the latest source code for Kermit for the
Apple][. I have version 65 I believe, & it does't work right.
					John Langbein
					(topaz!langbein)
P.S. Before sending, check further on in the BBoard to see if I have
posted to say I have recieved a copy. Thanks Again.

ranger@ecsvax.UUCP (Rick N. Fincher) (08/11/86)

>      I am looking for the latest source code for Kermit for the
> Apple][. I have version 65 I believe, & it does't work right.

I am also interested in finding a Kermit that works on the Apple IIe and
IIc.  I have some source files for C-Kermit that list Steven Saline
(Saline@mit-multics) as a volunteer coordinator for Aztec C compiled
C-Kermit on the Apple.  I have sent E-mail to him with no reply.  Anyone
know him?  Also, Stevens Institute in New Jersey is supposed to be the
Coordinator for Apple II Kermit, but I have no contact person there.
Since that is in your part of the world you may check that out.  I you
find out anything please let me know.  I need to upload 120 disks of
Public Domain Apple software to a PD download system and I desparately
need a Kermit for the Apple with wildcard file transfer capability.

Thanks for the help.  Rick@NCSUVM on bitnet

PS the PD download number is (919) 737-3980 destination PUB* username:
Public.  We will have bitnet transfers available soon.  See the board
(300/1200 baud) for info.

medin@noscvax.UUCP (Ted Medin) (08/19/86)

In article <1914@ecsvax.UUCP> ranger@ecsvax.UUCP (Rick N. Fincher) writes:

>>      I am looking for the latest source code for Kermit for the
>> Apple][. I have version 65 I believe, & it does't work right.
>
>I am also interested in finding a Kermit that works on the Apple IIe and
>IIc.  I have some source files for C-Kermit that list Steven Saline
 Have you tried our kermit for the apple 2. If you can ftp signon to
"shark" as anonymous do a "cd ker*mit." and then "get readme".
 Look over readme and you should be able to get what you need.
If the previous request had trouble with our version of kermit we
would like to know what the problem is.
				   Ted
				milnet address "medin@nosc"