[net.micro.apple] To those who requested Apple Kermit & one who has it...

langbein@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (John E. Langbein) (09/04/86)

I am presently overflooded with kermit requests. If the one who said
they had a PRODos version & a working Dos3.3 verion contact me again
or send me a disk with both on it, I will be ready to distribute
(the version I recieved was no good).
				John Langbein
				(topaz!langbein)

moore@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Andrew M. Moore) (09/05/86)

> I am presently overflooded with kermit requests. If the one who said
> they had a PRODos version & a working Dos3.3 verion contact me again
> or send me a disk with both on it, I will be ready to distribute
> (the version I recieved was no good).
> 				John Langbein
> 				(topaz!langbein)

   I think I'm the one you're referring to.  I'm not sure whether or
not the source is included, but I do have working copies of both
the DOS 3.3 and ProDOS versions (versions 3.59 and 3.58 of CU/Stevens
Kermit).  Give me a US Snail address and I'd be glad to send you
both Kermits.

Andrew Moore
arpa MOORE%MIT-EECS@MIT-MC.ARPA
uucp ...mit-eddie!moore
 tel 617/479-9208, BBS Sat-Sun 300/1200
  us Box 121, North Quincy, MA  02171

medin@cod.UUCP (Ted Medin) (09/06/86)

In article <5675@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> langbein@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (John E. Langbein) writes:

>I am presently overflooded with kermit requests. If the one who said
>they had a PRODos version & a working Dos3.3 verion contact me again
>or send me a disk with both on it,
 We have a version 3.66 runs dos or prodos. If you can ftp signon to
shark as anonymous then:
 cd ker*mit.            - dont forget the .
 get readme

 And you should be able to get what you want after reading readme. I
can mail you a copy John of the executable only fairly easily.

zben@umd5 (Ben Cranston) (09/11/86)

First off, I was way off base when I accused the Unix upper case mode of
interfering with Kermit.  In point of fact it was a parity problem.  As
Ron Natalie says: "Parity is for Farmers...".

I've got the entire source uploaded to a Unix directory, and have sent out
one beta test copy.  Rather than type the 25 pages of documentation in by
hand I submitted it as a test job for our new Kurzweil scanner.  When the
text comes back I will package it up and post it.  Since it is already more
than 160KB without documentation I will probably post it in three pieces.

assembly language.  It does a lot of peeking, pokeing, and jumping to many
strange weird addresses, so it may very well be machine and system specific.
I use it on a ][+ with DOS 3.3 without problems.  It has a 70 column display
option, does lower case with the hi-res screen, and can/must be customized
for one of five terminal cards:  Apple Comm, Apple Super Serial, Micromodem,
CalComp, or Novation.  It only does TEXT mode, but there are programs with
it that convert APPLESOFT and BINARY files to/from TEXT form for xmission.

--
                    umd5.UUCP    <= {seismo!umcp-cs,ihnp4!rlgvax}!cvl!umd5!zben
Ben Cranston zben @ umd2.UMD.EDU    Kingdom of Merryland Sperrows 1100/92