[net.micro.apple] EDUCATIONAL SOFTWARE FOR APPLE NEEDED

robertj@tekgen.UUCP (10/02/86)

     I have a friend who is teaching  a  class  of  learning
disabled students. He recently inherited eight apples and no
software.  I need to find sources of  public  domain  educa-
tional software for the apple.  Thank you for the help.

abc@brl-smoke.ARPA (Brint Cooper ) (10/06/86)

It isn't free, but it's cheap.  Contact:

	The Big Red Apple Club
	1105 S. 13th St, #103
	Norfolk, NE  68701

My wife teaches Grade Four in our public schools and has found this a
useful source of public domain software available for distribution fees.

Also contact the

	Minnesota Educational Computer Consortium

I can't find the address for them.  She must have taken the disks to
school with her.  The school system joined MECC for a set fee.  Software
is then available for distribution costs.  If you can't get the address
for MECC, write me again.

Also, write me if you need something specific.

--
Brint Cooper

	 ARPA:  abc@brl.arpa
	 UUCP:  ...{seismo,unc,decvax,cbosgd}!brl-smoke!abc

ahby@meccsd.UUCP (Shane P. McCarron) (10/09/86)

In article <4387@brl-smoke.ARPA> abc@brl-smoke.ARPA (Brint Cooper ) writes:
>Also contact the
>
>	Minnesota Educational Computer Consortium
>
>I can't find the address for them.  She must have taken the disks to
>school with her.  The school system joined MECC for a set fee.  Software
>is then available for distribution costs.  If you can't get the address
>for MECC, write me again.

Actually, it's the Minnesota Educational Computing Corporation, and
the address is:

	MECC
	3490 Lexington Ave N.
	St. Paul, MN  55126
	(612) 481-3500

MECC has site and district licenses available for schools, but also
sells through retail outlets and via direct catalog sales to
individuals.
--
Shane P. McCarron			UUCP	ihnp4!meccts!ahby
MECC Technical Services			ATT	(612) 481-3589

"They're only monkey boys;  We can still crush them here on earth!"