[net.micro.apple] Mouse software woes

SECRIST%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@LLL-MFE.ARPA (10/11/86)

From:    <SECRIST%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@LLL-MFE.Arpa>   (Richard C. Secrist)
Date:    Fri, 10-OCT-1986 21:40 EST
To:      INFO-APPLE@BRL.ARPA

Find a friend with a WildCard back-up system.  It takes a hardware
interrupt to a card-resident ROM routine that saves everything off
to DOSable files, and saves the PC.  Once it's broken this way, you
just load up the memory, restore the stack and all of the registers,
and jump start through the PC (it's all taken care of via software).
These cards can be had for around $50 or so I think - which might be
a good investment since you probably have other things that won't
cooperate with your Sider.

Outside of that, take a copy of your disks to an Apple guru and hack
away.  If you're hard up I can maybe point you at some tools or help
out.  Recommended is the "Beneath Apple [ DOS | ProDOS ]" books from
Quality software... they're appearing in B. Dalton's recently for
ProDOS or Waldenbooks - I forget which.

Good luck, Jim.  This disk will self-destruct in five seconds...
four... three..

Richard
SECRIST%OAK.SAInet.MFEnet@LLL-MFE.Arpa