[net.micro.apple] T.H.E. modems

D7314@UWAVM.BITNET (10/15/86)

Date:         Wed, 15 Oct 86 09:36 PDT
From:         Patrick Ryan <D7314@UWAVM>
Subject:      T.H.E. modems

I can get a T.H.E. modem from a discount club I belong to (mail order, of
course) for an incredibly low price.  This is a 1200 baud modem with no
software or cables.  Has anyone out there in netland ever bought/heard of this
brand?  Any comments appreciated (either to me or to the net).

                             Patrick Ryan
                          D7314@UWAVM.BITNET

D7314@UWAVM.BITNET (10/15/86)

Account RRS2F@UOTTAWA.bitnet no longer exists.

Date:         Wed, 15 Oct 86 09:36 PDT
From:         Patrick Ryan <D7314@UWAVM>

ranger@ecsvax.UUCP (Rick N. Fincher) (10/17/86)

> Date:         Wed, 15 Oct 86 09:36 PDT
> From:         Patrick Ryan <D7314@UWAVM>
> Subject:      T.H.E. modems
>
> I can get a T.H.E. modem from a discount club I belong to (mail order, of
> course) for an incredibly low price.  This is a 1200 baud modem with no
> software or cables.  Has anyone out there in netland ever bought/heard of this
> brand?  Any comments appreciated (either to me or to the net).
>
>                              Patrick Ryan
>                           D7314@UWAVM.BITNET

I have seen some talk on the net that PC Network is not a good place to
deal with.  They claimed that PC Network drafted their credit card with-
out permission to renew their membership when they didn't want their
membership renewed.  This is hearsay but I thought you might like to kn
know.

Rick Fincher