[net.micro.apple] CPM Card problems

D7314@UWAVM.BITNET (10/17/86)

Date:         Fri, 17 Oct 86 13:35 PDT
From:         PATRICK RYAN <D7314@UWAVM>
Subject:      CPM Card problems
To:           <INFO-APPLE@BRL.ARPA>

I had much the same problem with my Microsoft CP/M card.  It worked alright
for about 2 months in slot 8 & then one day the computer wouldn't boot.  I
pulled all the cards and tried it & it worked fine.  I finally determined that
it was the card (but only in slot 8).  So I put it in slot 7.  'phut' said my
computer, creating massive anxiety on my part.  To make a long story short,
the card was pulling too much power off of an admittedly overladen mother board
(all but 2 slots are full now).  The solution:  I bought a new card!  Works
great!  (and since I am a legal owner of a microsoft card, I still have all the
nice microsoft software).

     This is probably what you didn't want to hear....

                                                      Patrick Ryan