[net.micro.apple] IIGS Upgrades

Mly.G.Pogo%OZ.AI.MIT.EDU@XX.LCS.MIT.EDU (Bob Soron) (10/19/86)

You folks who are paranoid about keeping your //e motherboards remind me
of someone who buys a 1986 car and decides to trade it in for a 1987
model but keeps the engine and transmission because s/he paid for it.

Grow up!

-------

ranger@ecsvax.UUCP (Rick N. Fincher) (10/21/86)

> You folks who are paranoid about keeping your //e motherboards remind me
> of someone who buys a 1986 car and decides to trade it in for a 1987
> model but keeps the engine and transmission because s/he paid for it.
>
> Grow up!
>
> -------
It's a valid concern if your 1987 model doesn't burn any existing fuel.

ag0@k.cc.purdue.edu (Colin Jenkins) (10/23/86)

In article <12247954475.71.MLY.G.POGO@OZ.AI.MIT.EDU>, Mly.G.Pogo%OZ.AI.MIT.EDU@XX.LCS.MIT.EDU (Bob Soron) writes:

> You folks who are paranoid about keeping your //e motherboards remind me
> of someone who buys a 1986 car and decides to trade it in for a 1987
> model but keeps the engine and transmission because s/he paid for it.
>
> Grow up!
>
> -------
    It seems to me that at $500, we aren't getting an incredible deal on these
new mother boards- especially when you add the extras like color monitor,
drives, and a detachable keyboard.  By the time you add that all up you might
as well buy a new one.  On top of that we run the risk of losing compatibility
with some of our software.  What it boils down to is that Apple is TAKING our
motherboards rather than giving us a fair TRADE for them.  The same applies to
the enhancement upgrades- at $70 I expect my original roms back again.

As for growing up, it appears that MY growth rate is not proportional to my
wallet's...

				Colin (Still growing)