[net.micro.apple] Thermometers for an Apple

krstan@ihlpa.UUCP (Stanley) (11/02/86)

Has anyone added thermometers to an Apple ?
I would like to put both an indoor and an outdoor
thermometer on my Apple as part of a home control
project.

My only ideas would be to get a A/D board from
Applied Engineering and look in my Op-Amp cookbook
for a circuit. Any better pointers are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

			Keith R. Stanley
			Room 4H-328
			AT&T Bell Laboratories
			Naperville, Illinois 60566
			(312)-979-3416
			decvax!ihnp4!ihlpa!krstan

Mly.G.Pogo%OZ.AI.MIT.EDU@XX.LCS.MIT.EDU (Bob Soron) (11/02/86)

> From: Stanley <ihnp4!ihlpa!krstan@ucb-vax.ARPA>
> Subject: Thermometers for an Apple
>
> Has anyone added thermometers to an Apple ?
> I would like to put both an indoor and an outdoor
> thermometer on my Apple as part of a home control
> project.
>
> My only ideas would be to get a A/D board from
> Applied Engineering and look in my Op-Amp cookbook
> for a circuit. Any better pointers are appreciated.

I believe that one of Broderbund's Science Toolkits comes with a
thermometer.  I have no experience with the package, but as long
as the documentation is relatively well-written, it shouldn't be
too hard to use it with your own programs.  If I can dig out the
reviews that appeared in the Apple-oriented magazines not too long
ago, I'll forward pointers.

Bob

-------