[net.micro.apple] Small C for apple?

paul@gould9.UUCP (Paul Close) (10/30/86)

	I have seen small C compilers available for CPM systems.  These
compilers seem to be easily modified.  Does anyone know of a small C compiler
available for the apple // series?

	Paul Close
	paul@gould9.uucp {via pyramid, sdcsvax, cbosgd, ihnp4, and others}

gwyn@BRL.ARPA (Doug Gwyn, VLD/VMB) (11/01/86)

There is a full C (perhaps minus bitfields) for the Apple //
from Manx Software Systems, called "Aztec C".  I use it and am
relatively happy with it.

nazgul@apollo.uucp (Kee Hinckley) (11/05/86)

In article <768@gould9.UUCP> paul@gould9.UUCP (Paul Close) writes:

> 	I have seen small C compilers available for CPM systems.  These
> compilers seem to be easily modified.  Does anyone know of a small C compiler
> available for the apple // series?

The people who sell the ORCA/M assembler for Prodos also sell (for $50 extra)
a Small C compiler with full source.  You must have the assembler to run it.

                                                        -kee

--

UUCP:   ...{mit-erl,mit-eddie,yale,uw-beaver,decvax!wanginst}!apollo!nazgul
USPS:          Apollo Computer, Chelmsford MA.  (617) 256-6600 x7587

I'm not sure which upsets me more; that people are so unwilling to accept
everyone else's.