[net.micro.apple] A+ Mouse

nakada@husc4.harvard.edu (paul nakada) (10/30/86)

I am looking for a mouse for an Apple //c, and I have seen both the
Apple mouse, and the A+ mouse which is supposed to be an "optical"
mouse..  Does anyone have any comments or suggestions about either
version?  Thanks... Paul Nakada

nakada@husc4.UUCP
harvard!husc4!nakada.UUCP
nakada@harvsc4.BITNET

ranger@ecsvax.UUCP (Rick N. Fincher) (11/05/86)

In article <551@husc6.HARVARD.EDU>, nakada@husc4.harvard.edu (paul nakada) writes:

> I am looking for a mouse for an Apple //c, and I have seen both the
> Apple mouse, and the A+ mouse which is supposed to be an "optical"
> mouse..  Does anyone have any comments or suggestions about either
> version?  Thanks... Paul Nakada

The A+ optical mouse has to have a reflector pad under it to work.  It
has no moving parts, so I guess it is less likely to wear out but it
doesn't slide as smoothly as the roller-type mouse.  I have heard that
the optical mouse is not as sensitive as the Apple Mouse, but I can't
verify that, and I don't know that it really matters.  That may be a
personal preference.  I would try one out before I bought one.  B.
Dalton's Book Stores carry them.

Rick Fincher
ranger@ecsvax