[net.women] Princess Leia

jamcmullan (02/04/83)

    From decvax!harpo!seismo!hao!menlo70!sytek!gi!frank Tue Feb  1 12:29:22 1983
    Subject: Arguments
    Newsgroups: net.women

    Okay, okay abortion, holding doors open etc. we can go on
    arguring about these subjects for years.  Let's get to more
    important subjects like "How come there is only one female
    character in the movie saga of STAR WARS??"

Now you're talking! While Princess Leia is a woman any little girl would love
to emulate she is spread much too thin! The obligatory romance is getting a
bit fouled up because the writers are forced to have both Luke & Hans in love
with the same woman! There are no other choices. I hope they can find some
other woman on an exciting planet & add her to the team, as they did with
Landau.

bernie (02/16/83)

Hear, hear!  Princess Leia is nice, but having more female characters in
SW (if only for contrast with Leia) would be nice.