[net.women] Are there any women out there?

daemon@decwrl.UUCP (12/06/83)

From: Ed Featherston  HL01-1/P06  225-5241 <roll::featherston>

 Begin Forwarded Message:

Newsgroup : net.women
>From : AMBER::CHABOT
Subj: Are there any women out there?

Answer: Yes

And now I'm going to get rabid.

To all you men telling us that we shouldn't mind being called girls:
			Shut up.
If we don't like it, we don't like it.  For some enlightenment, try getting
a copy of the report on attitudes towards women in the EE&CS department at
MIT.  If you write to me, I might be able to hunt down some extras.  Some
of the attitudes are certainly more bizarre than most of you will exhibit,
but it is food for thought.

Re:  Women are those who are mature enough not to mind being called girls.

I can think up an analogy for two terms for blacks, but on second thought
it might excite even a worse reaction in others.

					Frothing,
					Lisa S. Chabot

		Mail address : ...decvax!decwrl!rhea!amber!chabot

 End Forwarded Message