[net.women] keep your hands off net.women.only

jamcmullan@watmath.UUCP (Judy McMullan) (03/22/84)

    > Net.women.only was not formed to discuss topics which are of interest
    > only to women.  It was formed so women could discuss topics which
    > are of interest to them in an atmosphere of acceptance, without the
    > put-downs and superior attitudes of some of the men contributing
    > to net.women.
    >    The women who felt the need for net.women.only are the women who
    > should decide whether that need is being met and whether net.women.only
    > should be cancelled.
    > 	Sherry Mann

>Again, I call for the decease of the group.  There exists a mailing list where
>people can do what they want.  Those who are not willing to trade ideas in the
>marketplace, should not have a stall there.
> 					Don Stanwyck

What a pile of baloney! The net is divided and sub-divided into all sorts of
special interest groups. Some of these groups have evolved unique ground rules
(eg. warning about spoilers in net.movies, rotated dirty jokes in net.jokes)
and used them. There is no reason why net.women.only should go. Sherry's
comments are RIGHT ON!
A mailing list does not have the spontenaity of the net and, most importantly,
it does not reach as many women. Net.women.only should stay, so that we
can have a forum to discuss an issue without defending it, as well.

   --from the sssstickkky keyboard of JAM
   ...!{allegra|decvax}!watmath!jamcmullan

phil@amd70.UUCP (Phil Ngai) (03/25/84)

I add my vote to keep net.women.only.

--
Phil Ngai (408) 988-7777 {ucbvax,decwrl,ihnp4,allegra,intelca}!amd70!phil