[net.women] God

twiss@stolaf.UUCP (Thomas S. Twiss) (08/09/84)

	Well I have to put my 2 cents in.  The Judeo-Christian religion
is based on the premise of a pre-existing power that is omnipotent,
constant, and ultimate.  If one element of that existence is challenged,
then it completely destroys the unchanging objectivity of that power.
In other words, if we suddenly say that God is genderless, then other
elements of his/her/its existence are subject to interpretation.
Supposedly, God's existence is fixed and NOT subject to interpretation.
Personally, I see no point to try and second guess God's gender.  If God
exists, then its existence is completely independent of our conception
of it UNLESS you accept EVERY word of the Bible as the absolute word of
God and that it is completely uninterpretable.

ok, flame me, I'm ready....

Tom Twiss
{decvax|ihnp4}!stoalf!twiss

jdb@qubix.UUCP (Jeff Bulf) (08/22/84)

> From: twiss@stolaf.UUCP (Thomas S. Twiss)
>	                                ...The Judeo-Christian religion
> is based on the premise of a pre-existing power that is omnipotent,
> constant, and ultimate.

Kinda like The Phone Company? :-)

--
	Dr Memory
	...{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!decwrl!qubix!jdb