[net.women] On violence, rape, etc.

rohn@randvax.UUCP (Laurinda Rohn) (10/11/84)

>From: dls@hocse.UUCP

>If a man and a women are engaged in some kind of sexual
>activity, she says "stop," and he continues by force, I agree, 100%,
>it is rape.

I agree that when she says stop, he should stop.  (And vice-versa.  No
chauvinism here :-) )  However, that the situation should get to this
point is absurd.  Personally, I feel that when a woman consents to have
sex with a man, she should be prepared to go through with it, unless
the man introduces something new and unwanted into the situation (e.g.
"Let me go get my German shepherd" or "Wait here.  I'll get the rope").
As I said earlier, she can still tell him to stop while "in the act,"
but I would instantly lose all respect for any woman who would use her
sexuality in such a fashion.

					Lauri

saquigley@watmath.UUCP (Sophie Quigley) (10/18/84)

Come on you people!  have you ever known ANY women who said "no, stop" in
the middle of intercourse just because she changed her mind?  Most likely
she would say this because for some reason the intercourse is painful
(a pretty legit reason to say "stop", wouldn't you agree?) but to show her
power over her partner!!!!  you've got to be kidding!!  women do enjoy sex
for other reasons than power-tripping, you know unlike many men (NO, I know,
not YOU! so don't flame me about this.  I know many men who are not into
mixing power-tripping with sex, but I've had the opportunity to meet some,
first hand, who were)

Ok, ok, someone will probably raise their hand and say "this happened to me".
well, ok, there are probably some very screwed-up women out there.  But if
it happened to you, have you ever tried to have intercourse with her again?
if so, sounds like you've got the "I have to kick lucy's ball" syndrome.

Sophie Quigley
...!{clyde,ihnp4,decvax}!watmath!saquigley