[net.women] castration

david@bragvax.UUCP (David DiGiacomo) (10/30/84)

In article <1759@sun.uucp> sunny@sun.uucp (Sunny Kirsten) writes:
>Male hormones promote both sexual desire and agressiveness (dominance)
>and therefore the propensity to enact via physical dominance (violence).
>Castration therefore reduces hormonally, the propensity to rape.

The trouble is that these new-wave castrati are not prohibited from
buying replacement hormones at the local drugstore.  Surgical castration
is just an inconvenience, although it may have a certain demoralizing
effect.

I think castration would be a more effective deterrent if performed by
militant feminists with rusty tuna can lids.

--
David DiGiacomo, BRAG Systems Inc., San Mateo CA  (415) 342-3963
(...decvax!ucbvax!hplabs!bragvax!david)

agz@pucc-k (Andrew Banta) (11/03/84)

> I think castration would be a more effective deterrent if performed by
> militant feminists with rusty tuna can lids.

I think you people are SICK! Talk about cruel and unusual punishment,
this sounds more like torture to me. It still seems to me that someone
who has been treated this way is MORE likely to commit a violent crime,
not less. I know that I would more likely want to get back at someone
who did this. Doesn't this seem more logical? No, I guess to you it
wouldn't.

Andy Banta			{decvax!allegra!ihnp4}!pur-ee!pucc-k!agz
Dept. of Mental Instability, Purdue University --- "I'm OK, You're a CS Major"
"Did you get rid of all the voices in your head?
 Do you now miss them and the things that they said?"

zubbie@wlcrjs.UUCP (Jeanette Zobjeck) (11/08/84)

Surgical castration need not be the only method considered. After all there are
other less drastic wasy to accomplish the same end.

Consider if you will the end result of implanting, surgically, a time released
supply of female hormones in a male body adequate for perhaps a year and
renewed under court order for  a) a set period of time or b) life.

jl zobjeck