[net.women] A vote for MOD.women.only

In article <1779@sun.uucp> sunny@sun.uucp (Sunny Kirsten) writes:

>from net.news.group:
>
>net.women               Women's rights, discrimination, etc.
>net.women.only          Postings by women only (read by all).
>
> Historically, this was the charter for net.women.only.
> HIstorically, it only worked a little while before the men intruded on this
> ONE bastion of women space on the net, and dominated the women's
> discussions.

How about this: remove net.women.only and replace it with MOD.women.only.
Sunny's statements above agree with what many others have said; the
solution seems to me to be to have the group moderated.

Note that this suggestion is predicated on the existence of mod.women.
If no such group exists (I forget wether it does or not) then that could
be the new group's name instead.

Charley Wingate    umcp-cs!mangoe