[net.women] female..periods

olsen@wxlvax.UUCP (12/19/84)

The recent debate on this net about female menstrual periods
failed to tackle an important issue.
There seems to be some scientific and medical evidence that
women go thru profound psychological and behavioural changes
during their monthly menstrual periods. For example, last year
in England, a lady killed a cop in very singular circumstances,
and got away with it by invoking the temporary insanity defense.
Her lawyer brought in scores of medical and psychiatric experts
who testified that it is a scientific fact that women do go thru
behavioural changes during menstruation, and that the lady on trial
was temporarily insane when she killed the cop.
What do you think about this, ladies? Is it true, or is
this just another male made scheme to burden females??
No flames, please.
C H E D L E Y.  c/o  wxlvax!olsen.

nap@druxo.UUCP (Parsons) (12/20/84)

One extreme does not set a standard.

Yes, of course, hormonal changes affect behavior...so what's new?  Men have
been affected by hormonal changes for centuries, but the male cycle is not
a monthly one.  It is, in fact, far less predictable.

Nancy Parsons

gail@calmasd.UUCP (12/20/84)

In article <wxlvax.367> olsen@wxlvax.UUCP (Neil Olsen) writes:
>The recent debate on this net about FEMALE menstrual periods
[emphasis mine]

Does this mean that there are MALE menstrual periods as well? :-)

	Gail Bayley Hanrahan
	{ihnp4,decvax,ucbvax}!sdcsvax!calmasd!gail
	Calma Company, San Diego

annab@azure.UUCP (Anna Beaver) (12/21/84)

> was temporarily insane when she killed the cop.
> What do you think about this, ladies? Is it true, or is
> this just another male made scheme to burden females??
> No flames, please.
> C H E D L E Y.  c/o  wxlvax!olsen.

	From my personal experience I would say that it could be quite true.
	Some of the changes which we go through are pretty intence at times.
	I found that after I cut sugar and most products which contain sugar,
	out of my diet, my mood swings were greatly reduced. I have read that
	sugar (and honey) help you use up more of the B vitamins in your system.
	Taking a good B complex every day is also a good preventive measure.

        #####
      ##"""""##
     ##" ^ ^ "##
     ##  Q Q  ##
     "@   w   @"			 Annadiana Beaver
      #\ \_/ /#				A Beaver@Tektronix
     ###\___/###
      "##   ##"

rohn@randvax.UUCP (Laurinda Rohn) (12/21/84)

> from C H E D L E Y.  c/o  wxlvax!olsen.

> There seems to be some scientific and medical evidence that
> women go thru profound psychological and behavioural changes
> during their monthly menstrual periods.

I'm not sure about profound, but the changes is hormonal balance do
have their effects....

>                                    .... For example, last year
> in England, a lady killed a cop in very singular circumstances,
> and got away with it by invoking the temporary insanity defense.
> Her lawyer brought in scores of medical and psychiatric experts
> who testified that it is a scientific fact that women do go thru
> behavioural changes during menstruation, and that the lady on trial
> was temporarily insane when she killed the cop.
> What do you think about this, ladies? Is it true, or is
> this just another male made scheme to burden females??

There may have been extenuating circumstances in this woman's case, but
in general, this sort of defense strikes me as being about as reasonable
as the infamous "Twinkie Defense."

					Lauri
					rohn@rand-unix.ARPA
					..decvax!randvax!rohn

"Any given program, when running, is obsolete."

welsch@houxu.UUCP (Larry Welsch) (01/04/85)

I have a comment on the following article.

	The recent debate on this net about female menstrual periods
	failed to tackle an important issue.
	There seems to be some scientific and medical evidence that
	women go thru profound psychological and behavioural changes
	during their monthly menstrual periods. For example, last year
	in England, a lady killed a cop in very singular circumstances,
	and got away with it by invoking the temporary insanity defense.
	Her lawyer brought in scores of medical and psychiatric experts
	who testified that it is a scientific fact that women do go thru
	behavioural changes during menstruation, and that the lady on trial
	was temporarily insane when she killed the cop.
	What do you think about this, ladies? Is it true, or is
	this just another male made scheme to burden females??
	No flames, please.
	C H E D L E Y.  c/o  wxlvax!olsen.

There seems to be some scientific and medical evidence that men have
psychlogical and behavior problems when it comes to sex.  The last
president of the USA was shot at by a man who was declared temporarily
insane because he had sexual problems.  His lawyer brought in scores of
psychiatric and medical experts who testified about his illness.  What do
you think about this men?  Is is true, or is this just another male made
up scheme to scare women?

:-):-):-)

					Larry Welsch
					houxu!welsch