[net.women] Opinion on Cyndi Lauper?

danb@mako.UUCP (Dan Ball) (01/13/85)

>	_Ms._ magazine has named Cyndi Lauper as one of their women of the
>year (1984).  Are they serious, or what?

>	Feminist?  Could somebody please tell me what's feminist about that
>song?  Most feminists I know are offended by the song.

>	The article concludes with this:

>> If Helen Reddy's recording of "I Am Woman" was about anger and a newfound
>> collective pride, "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" is about a newer, defiant
>> joy and the celebration of our strength.

>	It is?  All the song says is "girls just want to have fun" over and
>over until you're sick.

>	What do you folks think?
>		<_Jym_>

I agree to the Nth. Cyndi Lauper is not a feminist nor a normal female.
Cyndi Lauper is a silly nincompoop who sings about silly things. Anyone
who can go home at night, go to bed and say to herself "I think I should
write a song about what I'm going to do with my privates while reading
my *Blue Boy Magazine*" has got to be totally bubbled.