[net.women] Real Pornography

sunny@sun.uucp (Sunny Kirsten) (01/18/85)

Pornography:  another viewpoint

I continually fail to understand why so many people can rally behind a flag
labelled:  suppress sex
But arent' interested in rallying behind the flag
labelled:  suppress violence, bloodshed, warfare.

Even the sexually exploited are better off than the bleeding and dying.

				Sunny
--
{ucbvax,decvax,ihnp4}!sun!sunny

edhall@randvax.UUCP (Ed Hall) (01/21/85)

> Pornography:  another viewpoint
>
> I continually fail to understand why so many people can rally behind a flag
> labelled:  suppress sex
> But arent' interested in rallying behind the flag
> labelled:  suppress violence, bloodshed, warfare.
>
> Even the sexually exploited are better off than the bleeding and dying.
>
> 				Sunny

Hear, hear, Sunny!  When we start talking about depicting people as
objects or ``pieces of meat'', let's not forget the almost omnipresent
element of violence in the media.  What can be more degrading to people
than the murder and mayhem depicted nightly on prime-time television,
or in ``respectable'' movie theatres?

I think the problems pornography brings to our society pales in comparison.

		-Ed Hall
		decvax!randvax!edhall

crs@lanl.ARPA (01/29/85)

Subject: Re: Real Pornography
Newsgroups: net.women,net.books,net.legal

> I continually fail to understand why so many people can rally behind a flag
> labelled:  suppress sex
> But arent' interested in rallying behind the flag
> labelled:  suppress violence, bloodshed, warfare.
>
> Even the sexually exploited are better off than the bleeding and dying.
>
> 				Sunny
> --
> {ucbvax,decvax,ihnp4}!sun!sunny

Well said.